About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Friday, June 14, 2013

Thurgood Marshall by Anthony


Thurgood Marshall

By Anthony

 

Hello, my name is Thurgood Marshall. I am the first African-American Supreme Court Justice. I will tell about my life.

I was born in Baltimore, Maryland in 1908. My mother was a teacher and my father was a waiter. Every dinner I debated with my father and brother. At that time segregation was legal. I went to a black only school. Later, I went to Howard University to become a lawyer. I took the case of Brown vs. the Board of Education so black and white people could go to the same school. I fought for Women Rights and American Indians’ Rights, but most of all, I fought for equal rights.

   I retired in 1991. I died in 1993.

No comments:

Post a Comment