About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rosa Parks by Tatiana


Rosa Parks Speech

By Tatiana

Hello! My name is Rosa Parks. (waves) I was born in Alabama in 1913. I am an only child and I went to a school for only black children.   I started school in 1918. I was a very good student in school.

 

 

When I was older I married Raymond parks. One day I rode the bus and the bus was crowding up and I was sitting with two   other black men and a white man came on the bus and there was no more seats for white people so the bus driver told me to get up and I said no and the other people sitting next to me also said no and the bus driver said if you don’t get up I will call the police and the two other people   got scared and left the seat but I didn’t  .

 

Then the police arrived and I was arrested .  my husband came to get me out of jail and I was fined 14 dollars . It was illegal to not give up your seat on the bus if you were black . I met up with martin Luther king jr. and other black people . The boycott lasted for one year . Then we walked and white people would be hurtful but we didn’t care we would just walk on and walk mile to work or school  and we would past by white people and they would laugh and we would ignore them .  I worked all my life for equal right  and we as a black community got equal rights  and we got to sit next to whites and we got to drink out of the same water fountains and go to the same eating places and I died in 2005 at age 92 on November 24 people remember me for what I did .

 

 


1 comment: