About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Benjamin Franklin by Charlie


Benjamin Franklin speech      

By Charlie

 

Greetings my name is Benjamin Franklin, I was born on January 17, 1706. When I was eight, I went to school for two years. When I was ten I left school and worked at my dad’s candle shop. When I was seventeen I worked at my brother’s print shop.

 

Three years later I was twenty, I moved to Philadelphia in 1726. Eight years later I got married, I had two kids. When I was thirty one I became a print master. I wrote a lot of newspapers.

 

Some of my contributions are, the lightning rod, the long arm, and I also discovered electricity. 

 

In 1775 the Revolutionary War began. I helped write the peace treaty to stop the war and bring back peace. In 1783 the war ended. We won the war.

In my last years I wrote my autobiography of my life. In 1790 I died. People know me as a great printer. I am one of the founding fathers.        

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment