About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Friday, June 14, 2013

Susan B. Anthony by Shelby


Susan B. Anthony

By Shelby

 

          Hi, my name is Susan B. Anthony. I was born on February 15, 1820 in Adams, Massachusetts. When I was three years old I learned to read and write at home. My family and I moved to New York City in 1826. I studied and I became a teacher in 1837. I was not married because back then women would have to stay home.

          I was famous for fighting for women’s rights. I fought for women to be able to vote. I had two very nice and famous people who helped me. One was Fredrick Douglass and one was my old friend Elizabeth Cady Stanton. I founded the Women’s Loyal League to help free slaves. I gave out many speeches for the Women’s Loyal League. I died March 13, 1906 Rochester, New York.

           

         

         

No comments:

Post a Comment