About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Monday, June 17, 2013

Helen Keller post by Jillian


 


Helen Keller Speech

By Jillian

(Sign H-I) I’m Helen Keller. I can’t see or hear, yet I could still get schooled. It all started when I…

 

I was born in Alabama in the year 1880. At age two I fell ill. My parents were very scared when they called me and I did not respond. It was then when they got the bad news. I was blind and deaf.

Life was hard this way but I still had some fun. I became good at pranking. I even became friends with a servant named Martha. Life was still hard. I threw tantrums and so my parents had to hire Annie.

Anne Sullivan was kind and never gave up. Alexander Graham Bell assigned her to me. She helped me pull through school. Soon it was college time! I went to college at Radcliffe and wrote three books there. Soon I graduated and started traveling the world!

After that I became an activist for the blind until my death on June 1, 1968.

No comments:

Post a Comment