About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Monday, June 10, 2013

Benjamin Franklin by Emma


Benjamin Franklin

By Emma

 

Hello, I am Benjamin Franklin. (Looks up from his book) I was born on January 17, 1706 in Boston, Massachusetts. When I was a kid I was very adventurous. I even remember the time when I built a wharf with my friends but I got in trouble because we used builder’s rocks for our wharf. Pretty creative, right? Days after that I stood on the deck watching the boats board the dock and I said to myself, “I want to be a sailor when I grow up.” “Benjamin,” my father called.  “It’s time for school!” Oh, I almost forgot. I knew it would be fun. The school day started and we learned reading and writing. My teacher thought I was so good at my subjects that he sent me to the grammar school. But I was only there for a little while.

 

I quit school when I was 10 so I could help my dad make candles and soap. But it was a boring job. I would rather sail than make candles and soap.

 

I was begging for a job. Soon I found a job as a printer. I met a girl name Debra Reed. Many months later, I found out that I was the most skilled printer in town. As soon as I found out I wrote “Poor Richard’s Almanac”.  It was very popular.

A little bit after that, I married Debra Reed. We had three children; William, Frances and Sara. We loved them so much. But soon Debra died. Then I invented important things like the lightning rod, the Franklin stove, and bifocal glasses. I became popular for my inventions. I became so popular I got chosen to help write the Declaration of Independence. I hope people remember me for my great help in making this country.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment