About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rosa Parks By Raquel


Rosa Parks Speech

By Raquel

 


 

Hello! My name is Rosa Parks. (Take a bow) I was born February 1, 1913 in Rosa McCauley, Alabama. When I was little, people wanted everything to be segregated. 

 

I worked at the Montgomery Fair Department store as a tailor. I got married to a boy named Raymond on December 1932. He was a barber.   People wanted to kill us and threatened to hurt us because we wanted segregation to end and we thought it was not fair.

 

I fought for segregation to end for whites and blacks. I thought that it was not fair that a black person had to give up their seat if a white person needed to sit.   One day I didn’t give up my seat for a white man to sit down and I was arrested.  I was fighting for the rights of black people.


 


I died October 25, 2005 age 92.


 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment