About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Friday, June 14, 2013

George Washington Carver by Gabriel


 

          Hello! My name is George Washington Carver. I was born in Diamond Grove, Missouri between 1860 and1865. When I   was a baby my mother was kidnapped, and I was forced to live with my plantation owners. I fell in love with plants.

            Around the age of twelve, I went to school and eventually became smarter than my teacher. I was accepted   to Iowa State University and studied agriculture. People call me The Peanut Man but I also had a lot of uses for the sweet potato.
 


            Booker T. Washington asked me to work for Tuskegee University, an all black college. While working there I found out that I can invent other uses for the peanut oil such as: soap, ink, candy, and peanut butter. I died in 1943 at the age of 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment