About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pocahontas by Kaylani


Pocahontas Speech

By Kaylani
 

 

Hello, my name is Pocahontas, also known as the playful one.  I was born in Virginia on 1595. I was Chief Powatan’s daughter. I had a battle with my dad against American people and against our enemies.

 

I was married to John Smith in1608. Then in 1614 I had a son named Thomas.

 

 I worked hard for peace. I wanted the settlers and Native Americans to get along and understand each other. I helped the settlers and the Native Americans to understand each other.  John Smith wrote about me. He wrote that I saved his life because, when we had a fight they locked him up and then I made him come back to life.

 

Then I died in England on 1617. The people had to bury me underground in1618.

No comments:

Post a Comment