About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

George Washington Carver by Samuel


George Washington Carver Speech

By Samuel

Hello, my name is George Washington Carver. I was born on 1865 on Susan Carver’s farm. When I was born I got taken away from my two older sisters and my mom. My bigger brother Jim was stronger than me so he did the harder work. For my free time, I explored outside and took sick flowers and put them into my own personal garden. People called me a plant doctor because I took care of plants that were sick. When I was eleven I moved by myself to be near a school, but I needed to move again to go to a different school when I wanted to be a painter.

 

When I finished high school, I went to college in Iowa. The people didn’t let me join because I was black so I made my own farm. I helped farmers get the good soils because peanuts make the soil good and they were growing cotton which makes the soil bad. I taught people science so they would know how many peanuts and sweet potatoes have. I also taught people to take care of their soil. My dad got assassinated by bad people. I got lots of medals for farming, science, and more. I was the first African American to help lots of farmers. In 1943 when I went to Tuskegee, I died.




No comments:

Post a Comment