About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Eleanor Roosevelt by Leah


Eleanor Roosevelt Speech

By Leah

Hello, my name is Eleanor Roosevelt. (Waves a flag) I was born on October 11 1884 in New York. I was a middle child. Well I used to be anyway. My mother and little brother, Elliot died when I was little. Me and my older brother, Hall went to live with my grandmother.

 

When I turned 15 my grandmother sent me to a school in England. That was in 1899. I returned to New York in 1902. When I was little I had private tutors.

 

In 1905 on March 17 I married Franklin D. Roosevelt. We were very happy. In 1933 Franklin became president. I was a very active first lady. In 1945 Franklin died.

 

I worked on civil and human rights. I believed everyone had the same rights. Later in life I wrote a paper on human rights. I worked for the United Nations.

 

I died on November 7th 1962 at age 78. People remembered me for my work to make life better.

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment