About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Monday, June 10, 2013

Benjamin Franklin Ryan


Benjamin Franklin

By Ryan

 

Hello! My name is Benjamin Franklin. I was born in 1706 in Boston. I began school at age 8 and stopped at age 10.When I was a boy I was not good at swimming so I invented swimming paddles that fit over my hands. When I was 10 I worked at my father`s soap and candle shop.

 

 I worked at my brothers printing shop in 1718. I moved to Philadelphia in 1726.In 1928 I  opened my own printing shop and published a newspaper Soon after I moved I met Deborah Read. I married Deborah in 1730. I had three children, William, Francis, and Sarah.

 

 In 1728 I set up my own print shop and published a newspaper, The Pennsylvania Gazette. I worked hard on this. I became official printer of Pennsylvania. Later I became the official printer of New Jersey, Delaware, and the official printer of Maryland.

 

  I got tired of the printing and retired. I spent time in public service, experimenting and inventing. I helped set up Philadelphia’s  first police and fire departments. I invented lots of inventions  these where  some of them, Franklin stove, and ‘Long arm’. I also found out that lightning was electricity. I died on April 17, 1790. People think of me as a inventer.

No comments:

Post a Comment