About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Cesar Chavez By Sam


Cesar Chavez Speech

By Sam

 

Hello! My name is Cesar Chavez. I was born in Yuma, Arizona on March 31, 1927.I moved to California.  I have no brothers or sisters. I ended school in 8th grade to help my family get more money.

 

Farmers were paying very little money to their workers. I wanted farmers to pay more money to their workers. I showed pictures of family’s getting hurt.  I led a grape strike. Then the farmers paid more money.

 

I met Helen Fabela. I started dating her at the age of 15.I married her in 1948.The next year, she gave birth to 1 baby. We named her Fernando Chavez. Soon, we had 7 more children.

 

 I soon led a union. I also led a march called the Sacramento March. The march was in California. I led more marches and boycotts.

 

I died in April 22, 1993 in Arizona. In 1994, I was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment