About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Friday, June 14, 2013

Jackie Robonson By Nolan


Jackie Robinson

By Nolan


          My name is Jackie Robinson. If you just sold my trading card you got $18,000. If you want to know why then listen to this. My trading card is worth $18,000 because I was the first African American to play on the white only Major Leagues and I was very good.

          I was born in Georgia in 1919. My family was very poor. Because I was so poor, I stole food from stores. I was able to go to college at UCLA where I became a sports star. I was the first person to play on four varsity teams; basketball, baseball, football, and track. I won an award for every sport I played.

          In 1942 I joined the U.S. army and after three years I was sent to play for the Kansas City Monarchs. It was a Negro league, which means that it only had black players. In 1947 I was asked to play for the Brooklyn Dodgers as the first African- American to play in the Major Leagues. Many people didn’t want me to play and they called me names and kicked me. But I was brave, played hard, and we ended up winning the pennant for the first time in six years.
ther's one thing I want you to remember and that’s that I was the first African American to play in the Major leagues.

 
         
      


 

No comments:

Post a Comment