About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

George Washington Carver by Jonathan


 George Washington Carver Speech

By Jonathan
 

 

Hello, my name is George Washington Carver. I was born in Missouri in1864. I finished high school in 1884 in Iowa. I wanted to go to school but there was no school for black people. I taught myself about plants. People called me the plant doctor. Finally there was school for black people.

 

I was outstanding at playing the piano, singing beautifully and a perfect painter. I decided to help people and I still was a plant lover. I think even weeds important to me. I worked to get my own money without asking people. I made more then100 things out of sweet potatoes and made more that 300 things out of peanuts. I showed farmers how people could use peanuts and sweet potatoes. I finished college I taught poor black people how to grow better crops then they want be poor. When the people grew cotton they were destroyed by the insects and finally they listened to me and grew peanuts and sweet potatoes.  It was much better.

I died in 1943 but when you eat peanut butter or sweet potatoes you always think about me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment