About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Monday, June 17, 2013

Betsy Ross By Bridget


Betsy Ross Speech

By Bridget

 

My name is Elizabeth Griscome until I got married most people call me Betsy. I was born in 1752 in Philadelphia. I was the oldest, I went to school  I was six I learned how to read, do math, and sew.

 

I married John Ross in 1773, that’s when I became a Ross. We opened our own sewing shop; there we made flags, rugs, and clothing .Our shop never improved, in 1776 John died I have five girls. It got too hard with my busy life, so I remarried John Claypool.

 

One day I heard a knocking at my door so I went to get it was George Washington he asked me to make a flag with 13 stars and 13 stripes. I worked hard and late on that flag. Then in 1777 I finished the flag. In 1777 Jun.14 America was declared its own country [YaH!!!]I died in 1836.      

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment