About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Monday, June 10, 2013

Susan B. Anthony By Jailene


Susan B. Anthony Speech

By Jailene





 

Good day, I am Susan B. Anthony. I was born in 1820 in Massachusetts. My family and I were Quakers. I was the 2nd of the 8 kids. I learned to read and write when I was 3 years old.

 

I went to school in New York. My father ran a cotton mill. My father raised his children in the Quaker religion. When I was young people believed a women’s place was at home, cooking, cleaning, and raising children.

 

I was a teacher for fifteen years and I earned 2 dollar and 50 cents a week. I was unhappy that men were paid four times more for doing the same job. In 1851, I met Elizabeth Cady Stanton. Stanton was one of the leaders of the new women’s rights movement. Over the next fifty years we led the fight for women’s rights.

 

I worked all my life to get the vote for women. On my eight-sixth birthday I said, ‘’Failure is impossible!”I died on March 13 1906. (Bow)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment