About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Abraham Lincoln by Jonathan


Abraham Lincoln Speech

By Jonathan
 

 

Hello, my name is Abraham Lincoln.  I was born in 1809 in a log cabin and lived in Kentucky. (Tips hat) I had an older sister named Sarah. She would memorize the Bible and  read it to me and mom. I loved to clime trees.

                  

When I was 11 years old I could go school when I had no chores. I learned how to multiply, read and write. I mostly loved reading throughout my whole life.

In 1830 I moved to Illinois. In 1842, I married Marry Tod and made a shop but it did not go well. In 1846 I was elected to the U.S. congress. In 1861 the civil war began and the same year I was president. 1863 I gave a speech that helped free slaves.

 

In 1865, I went to a theater in Washington DC. The guard at the door left and I got shot by John Wilks Booth. The next day I died. I am remembered for being a great leader.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment