About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Monday, June 17, 2013

Jackie Robinson By Andrew


Jackie Robinson Speech

By Andrew


Hi I am Jackie Robinson and I’m here to tell you about my life. When I was a kid my family was poor so I started doing good deeds. I was born in 1919.

Someone named Ricky made a deal to play for the dodgers.

I made the deal.

I played baseball when I got older.

Sometimes People Threatened to kill me but I was fearless.

In 1947 I was the first African-American to play in the major leagues of baseball. I got black people to play in baseball.

Many white fans hated me.

I was a sports star in high school and college. I left college to earn money for his family. He joined the U.S. Army. Some U.S.   Officers treated me unfairly because I was African-American.

 

In 1947 I played for the Kansas City Monarchs baseball team. They were the Negro American league. African-Americans could not play on major league teams at that time.

I was a great baseball player. In 1962 I was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame. I died In 1972

 

No comments:

Post a Comment