About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Helen Keller by Ricky


Helen Keller Speech

By Ricky

 

Hello, my name is Helen Keller (signs H-e-l-e-n K-e-l-l-e-r). I was born in 1880. In 1882, when I was two years old, I lost all hearing and sight because I was sick. Then I started to have temper tantrums. I was so frustrated I cut my mom’s hair and broke a vase.

 

I had a teacher named Anne Sullivan.  Anne put water in my palm.  She wrote water in my palm many times. Suddenly, I realize that every object has a word. I went to Radcliffe for college in 1900. In 1918 I starred in a movie about my life.  In 1964 I got a presidential medal from the president. I read Braille which is a set raised dot that stands for letters and numbers.

 

 I wrote 12 books, and people remember me by the hard work I did for the blind. In 1904 I wrote a story about my life. I had a heart attack in May 1968 and I died in 1968 on June first 1 in Westport, Connecticut.

No comments:

Post a Comment