About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Monday, June 10, 2013

Susan B. Anthony by Esther


Susan B. Anthony Speech

By Esther  

Good day. (Curtsy) My name is Susan Brownell Anthony. I was born in 1820 in Adams Massachusetts. My family was a religious people called Quakers. I had eight siblings. My father owned a cotton mill.

 

I finished school when I was 17 and became a teacher. (Takes off glasses) Then I found out while I was being paid only $2.00 men were being paid four or five times more than women. (Take out glasses and handkerchief and wipe glasses)

 

I also thought women should have the right to vote so one day I went to the voting area. I was arrested and fined 100 dollars. I did not pay the fine and it still has not been paid.

 


I met Elisabeth Cady in 1851 we made a newspaper called “Women’s Suffrage”. I died in 1906.  



No comments:

Post a Comment