About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Thomas Jefferson By:Gaby


 Thomas Jefferson Speech

By Gaby

 

Hello, my name is Thomas Jefferson. I was born in 1743 in Virginia in a farm house. I loved reading. My parents were Peter and Jane Jefferson. My dad was a surveyor it is a person who measurers land and makes maps. My dad made enough money to buy land in Virginia. I loved being outdoors. My father died when I was 14.

 

I went to college in Virginia. I loved to read. I read 15 hours a day. After college I decided to be a lawyer in 1762. I spend 5 years learning how to be a lawyer.

 

I got married to Martha Wayles Skelton. We got married on New Year’s Day in 1772 at Martha’s father’s house. And there was a big snow storm when I got married with Martha. Martha gave birth to six children when we got married.

 

They called me the Father of Our Country. I wrote the Declaration of Independence. I helped grow the country. I was the 3 president of the United States. I died on July 4, 1826.

No comments:

Post a Comment