About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Friday, June 14, 2013

Ben Franklin by Michael



By Michael

 

          Hello, I am Benjamin Franklin. I was born on January 17th, 1706. When I was eight years old I started school but I could only stay for two years.

At the age of 17 I worked as an apprentice for my brother. When I was working for him I played a trick on him. I began writing an article about life in Boston. I used the name Silence Dogood. I married my wife Debbie on September 11, 1730. We had three children.

My most successful inventions were bifocals, the Franklin Stove, and my kite and key experiment which helped me to create lightening rods which helped prevent fires.

My most important work for the United States was working on the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. I signed both documents.

I died April 17, 1790 at the age of 84.  

         


No comments:

Post a Comment