About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Monday, June 17, 2013

Eleanor Roosevelt by Morgan


Eleanor Roosevelt speech

By Morgan

 

Hello, my name is Anna Eleanor Roosevelt. I was born on October 11th, 1884 in New York City. I had two younger brothers.

When I almost eight years old, my mother caught diphtheria and died. My father Eliot Roosevelt later died of alcoholism. Then, both of my brothers caught scarlet fever one died, so me and baby Hall went to live with grandmother hall.

 

When I was 15, I went to England and went to school there. In 1902, I became a teacher.

 

Once I returned to New York, I started hanging out with my cousin, Franklin. Soon we fell in love and later got married. At the time, my uncle Theodor Roosevelt was president.

 

Soon after I had six children, sadly, one of them died.

 

In 1933, Franklin ran for president, luckily, he won. This was around the start of the 2nd world war.

 

A little after he became president, Franklin caught polio; He made sure none of the outside world knew about it. He even wore leg brace’s to help him stand so people wouldn’t suspect that he had polio.

 

 

I then became his eyes and ears, I visited injured solders and helped make the world a better place.

 

 

Even after Franklin left the white house, I still helped others, and when Franklin died, I helped form a program that helped others, sadly, (look down) in my old I have forgotten.

 

I died on November seventh, 1962 with the title, “ The first lady of the world.”    

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment