About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Friday, June 14, 2013

Martin Luther King Jr. By. Renata






Martin Luther King, Jr.

By Renata

 

          Hello, my name is Martin Luther King, Jr. I was born on January 15, 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia. I had one brother named Alfred Daniel, and a sister named Willie Christine. I did not like how our skin color mattered to other people. Schools, shops, restaurants, and parks were all segregated and white signs and black signs were everywhere. I thought we should all be treated equally.

          One day I was told that two of my friends will no longer play  with me because I was black and they were white. I thought  that was wrong. I finished high school when I was 15. After I graduated I fell in love with Coretta Scott, we married in 1953. In 1954 I got my first job as a pastor in Montgomery, Alabama. In 1963 I led the biggest march ever in Washington and gave my I have a dream speech and said “I have a dream that one day my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin color but by the content of their character.” In 1964 I was awarded the Nobel Peace prize. In April 4, 1968 in Memphis , Tennessee I was shot , one hour later I was dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment