About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Martin Luther King Jr By Matthew


Martin Luther King Jr. Speech

By Matthew

 

Hello! My name is Martin Luther King Jr. I was born in 1929 in Atlanta Georgia. I went to school but I had to go to black schools. I skipped two grades because I was really smart. In 1944 I finish high school, and I went to college. After that I became a minister in 1948.

 

In old times it was black and white so we were separated of our color of our skin. I wanted everyone treated equally.   When it was June 18 1953 there was a woman named Coretta Scott, and I met her. I was married to her in 1953.

 

 But sometimes I was sent to jail and I worked hard to get out of there. Later on in 1963 I went to Washington because I was sharing my speech I have a dream. I told my speech ‘’I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character’. After that it was 1964 I won the Nobel peace prize.

Finally in 1968 I went to Memphis Tennessee. Then there was a person name James Earl Ray, and he hated black people .He had a gun so he shot me. I was dead.


No comments:

Post a Comment