About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Monday, June 17, 2013

Rosa Parks by Sofia


Rosa Parks

By Sofia

 

Hello, I am Rosa Parks. (Hand wave) I was born 1913 in Alabama and I had one younger brother. His name was Sylvester. My parents divorced when I was just five years old. I had to live with my grandma, grandpa, and my mom. My mom was a teacher. I had to learn how to write when I was little.

 

 

When I was older I started being a nurse. I had to stop being a nurse because my mom was sick I didn’t want her to get really sick I felt so said for my mom so I stayed home with my mom and grandma until my mom felt better. When my mom felt a lot better I went to work at the (NAACP) I was the first African American woman to enter the (NAACP). That’s when I met Raymond. He was so interesting and amazing. I and Raymond had to think really hard and Raymond always got the answer. 1932 is when I married Raymond Parks. I and Raymond had to fight for rights. Then I met a kind man named Dr Martin Luther king Jr. He started helping me and Raymond. Martin helped a lot.

 

One beautiful morning I got ready for work so I got on the bus. I sat down. Then a tall man came in the bus he had no were to sit he couldn’t sit in the back so the bus driver told me to get up and go to the back I said there was not enough room so I didn’t move I refused to sit in the back of the bus. He said he would call the police I stared at the window. The police came and took me then the tall man sat down. I went to jail and I met

an African American woman named Claudette Colvin she told me to call someone to pick her up and so I did I also called someone to pick me up Raymond came to pick me up. I started getting ready for martins speech.

 

 

 

Me martin and Raymond stopped segregation so everyone could be together. Everything was better. I died in 2005 but everyone remembers me as the MOTHER OF CIVIL RIGHTS. I AM ROSA PARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Smile).

 

 



 

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment