About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Friday, June 14, 2013

Abraham Lincoln by Christian


Abraham Lincoln

By Christian

 

          Hello, I’m Abraham Lincoln. I was born in Kentucky on February 12, 1809. I moved to Illinois in 1830. I married Mary Todd in 1842 and had four children. In 1846 I was elected to the U.S. Congress. I was a lawyer and the 16th president. I fought in the Civil War in 1861. I became the president in 1861, too.

 I helped end slavery and have helped many slaves. I am a great speaker and leader. I kept the United States one country. I helped the United States earn State Rights. In 1863 I signed the Emancipation Proclamation to help slaves be free. In 1865 I went to Ford’s Theatre to watch a play. At that spot I was shot by John Wilkes Booth and died in Ford’s Theatre. I died over night.





No comments:

Post a Comment