About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Friday, June 14, 2013

Rosa Parks by Ishika


Rosa Parks

By Ishika

 

Hello! I’m Rosa Parks. My full name was Rosa Louise McCauley. I was born on February 14, 1913. My family grew up in Tuskegee Alabama. After my parents were separated, my mother, brother, and I moved to my grandparent’s farm in Pine Level Town. When I was in school, my mother got ill so I had to leave school to take care of her.         

After I married Raymond Parks, I went back to school to get my high school diploma. The city of Montgomery was segragated, and that meant the separation of black and white people. 

Raymond and I joined the National Advancement Association of Colored People because we wanted to do something about the separation. I got arrested on a bus by sitting in a white person’s seat.




After I got arrested, I refused to pay the $10 fine so I got sent to the Supreme court where I represented myself. Martin Luther King Jr. and I led the boycott for not going on the buses because we wanted to change the law about segregation.   The Supreme court finally declared that segregation was unlawful and was banned from the U.S. I died on October 24, 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment