About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Thurgood Marshall by Jacob


Thurgood Marshall Speech

By Jacob

 

Hello, my name is Thurgood Marshall. I was born on July 2, 1908.  School was very important to me. I went to Howard University in Washington D.C.

 

I helped get equal rights for African Americans. I also did a court case called Black vs. the Board of Education and I won that case. It was about black getting the same rights as white people. I won most of my cases. I was the first African American on the Supreme Court.

 

People respected me in my later years and some people did not like me because they wanted segregation. I had two wives my first was Vivian Buster Bary and my second wife was Cecilia Cissy. I died in 1993. That is the speech about my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment