About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Rosa Parks By Kirsty


Rosa Parks Speech

By Kirsty

 

Hello, my name is Rosa Parks (Curtsy). I was born in 1913 in Tuskegee, Alabama. I spent my wonderful life with my brother and mother. I went to school at Montgomery Industrial School for Girls, but I needed to take care of my sick grandmother so I stopped going to school.

 

In 1932 I married Raymond Parks. Then Raymond and I joined the NAACP. In 1957, Raymond and I moved to Detroit, Michigan. But In 1977, Raymond died.

 

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. outlined his plans for the boycott to a number of African American leaders in Montgomery. I sat in the front row while Dr Matrin Luther King Jr. gave his speech.

 

Raymond and I were fired from our jobs soon after my arrest. Raymond and I received many threatening telephone calls.

On June 15, 1999, Vice President Al Gore presented me with the Congressional Gold Medal.  I died on October 24, 2005.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment