About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Monday, June 17, 2013

Martin Luther King, jr's life by Jung


Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Life                                by Jung   

 

Hi!   I am Martin Luther King , Jr.   I was born in 1929.  In 1944 I finished high school and I went to college.  In 1948 I became a minister.  In 1953 I married Coretta Scott. 

I led a boycott of the buses in Montgomery, Alabama.  Black people would not ride the buses because they could only sit at the back of the bus.  The bus protest lasted a year.  After that, blacks could  sit anywhere they want on the bus.  I decided to move back to Atlanta in 1960.  I led peaceful protests against white- only waiting rooms, lunch counters and rest rooms.  I led many marches for freedom.  In 1963 I gave my “I Have a Dream”  speech  to help black and white people live together.   In 1964 I won the Nobel Peace Prize.  In 1968 I died. Do you know what made me famous?  I was famous because I helped black and white people to live together in peace.

The end







No comments:

Post a Comment