About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Susan B. Anthony By Karen


Susan B. Anthony Speech

By Karen


 


 

I was born in Adam, Massachusetts, in 1820.

When I was a child I believed when all people should be treated equally. But most people disagree with me. I know it’s not fair. I knew everyone was equal. When I went to school to learn the teacher said I can’t come to school because I am a girl. In 1826, my family moves to Battensville, New York.

 

I work to be a teacher to teach kids. I like my job but I was angry when I learn about when I learn about male teachers are paid four times as I did. I want to make a club only for women but not for men. I meet Elizabeth Cady Stanton and we want to team up with other women. I was a great speaker. I want to call our club “The Revolution”. Many people did not agree with my ideas. My ideas are new, and some people were afraid of them. Many people agree that slaves should be free. But I’m not going to give up. In 1872, I let my three sisters to vote in the presidential election. But I got arrested soon after. The judge said I got to pay $100, but the judge released me anyway. My arrests bring the subject of women’s suffrage.

 

I died in 1906 before women get to vote. In 1979,I was in a dollar  coin make by the Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment