About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Helen Keller by: Kendall


Helen Keller Speech

By Kendall Malesky

 

Hello, my name is Helen Keller (curtsy). I was born in Alabama in 1880. At age one, I got really sick and it caused me to go deaf and blind.
 
helen at age five
 In that time I didn’t quite understand people’s feelings. My parents hired me a teacher and her name was Anne Sullivan.

(helen with anne and alexander gram belle)
 

One day Anne took me out to wash my hands. There she spelled the word water in my hands I understood, after that I was better behaved. Everything was different from then on because Anne Sullivan kept on spelling words in my hands so I got more words to say. And I started to feel peoples mouth to hear what they’re saying. That all helped me get into Radcliffe College. I was the first deaf and blind person to graduate.

 

I encouraged many disabled people, wrote many books, and I was an activist, or a person who works for change. I died on June 1, 1968 at the age 88 people still remember me by putting me on the Alabama quarter

And that is the story of my life. (Curtsy)

 




No comments:

Post a Comment