About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Georgre Washington Carver by Tommy


George Washington Carver

By Tommy

 

Hello!  I’m George Washington Carver.  I was born on a farm in Missouri in 1864.  I graduated high school in 1884 and then I went to college in Iowa. 

 

I taught farmers and people to grow peanuts and sweet potatoes. Farmers in the southern USA grew cotton. I taught them to grow peanuts and sweet potatoes like the other people and farmers.

 


I began to teach at Tuskegee Institute in Alabama. It was a school for black children. Then I became famous for peanut research in 1921. Even today, Tuskegee Institute continues my research. In 1943 I died. When I died, farmers remembered me helping them. I was 79 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment