About Our Biographies

Tell about what the project is

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Jackie Robinson by Asier


Jackie Robinson Speech

By Asier

Hello, I am Jackie Robinson. (wave) I was born in Georgia in 1919. I was the youngest child in my family. My family was poor. My family and I moved to California and I stopped  going to school to help my mom.

 

When I was older I went to UCLA and was a good athlete. I played baseball, basketball, football, and track. I played in the Negro leagues for the Kansas City Monarchs. After I was drafted to the army in world war ll. I was not treated fairly because I was African American.

 

When I got older I was able to play in the major league baseball with the Brooklyn Dodgers. I had a hard time playing with the Brooklyn Dodgers. Fans threw trash at me and they wrote hurtful thing things to me. The even called me names. I had to be brave. Later fans stopped doing those things to me. One day I met someone named Rachel Isum. We got married in February 10th. I retired at the age of 37.



In October 24 1972 I died at the age of 53. I died of a heart attack. They a banded my number. Now no baseball player wears the number 42.          

No comments:

Post a Comment